Bioinformatics Scientist/Senior Scientist
About the Company: Tentarix Biotherapeutics is an exciting company with a game-changing technology platform that allows for the discovery of next generation, multi-specific investigational drugs to address the key limitations of existing cancer, autoimmune and other disease therapies.
We are led by a seasoned executive team with proven expertise in the field of multi-specific drug discovery. We are committed to hiring and retaining highly qualified and motivated team members who are passionate about making a difference for patients in the modern drug discovery landscape with our ground-breaking technology.
Tentarix team members are creative, hands-on, self-directed, and display excellent communication skills. They also exhibit a high level of integrity, resiliency and a determination to contribute to the success of the company. We offer autonomy, flexibility, a modern culture and the best tools to ensure the success of our individuals and collectively.
The Bioinformatics Scientist/Senior Scientist will develop and apply cutting-edge bioinformatics, data mining and analysis methods to assist in target biology and protein therapeutic discovery.
- Manage and analyze complex datasets to accelerate discovery and biotherapeutic projects
- Lead the analysis of large-scale omics datasets including bulk and single cell RNASeq, CITE-Seq data generated with disease samples or drug candidates, as well as mining data from public databases
- Collaborate with lab scientists to design and analyze complex experiments
- Design queries and apply algorithms to generate clear representations of data from complex datasets for internal and external presentations
- Summarize analysis results and generate visualization reports to assist decision-making or data interpretation and presentation
- Provide general informatics or programming support, as needed
- Masters or equivalent experience in bioinformatics, data science, computation biology, or related fields plus 2-6 years relevant and/or industry experience in the field of biological or pharmaceutical sciences
- Understanding of disease biology in oncology, immuno-oncology, and immunology is preferred
- Experience with data generated by one or more high-dimensional assays, such as next-generation sequencing, scRNA-seq, CITE-Seq, and/or spatial imaging
- Proficient in the use of programming languages, such as R, Python, or Java for complex data analysis and reproducible research practices
- Ability to design or implement intuitive standard research tools for scientific data management and analysis of omics datasets
- Excellent communication skills, goal-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced and cross functional team environment
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets, experience, training, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Tentarix, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $104,500 - $216,000.
Our employees are the Company’s most valuable asset, so we offer attractive compensation and benefits packages to retain the best in the field. Tentarix is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Tentarix Biotherapeutics, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. We are an E-Verify employer.